[FX.php List] [OFF] Hit by a Truck Scenario

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Feb 9 16:53:17 MST 2009

Jonathan,

Glad to know you haven't been hit by a truck; the world needs you!

I do exactly what you describe: in addition to an hourly backup of all
the databases on my servers (this backup uses system scripts to backup
to 3 hard drives each time), I also set up a separate backup folder
for clients who request it. They can FTP into it, upload replacement
databases, or download nightly backups that are written to that same
folder. Some clients like the ability to download backups whenever
they want, even though I'm already backing up constantly.

It's still on the same drive with FMS though; the normal backups
though are going to 3 drives, 2 of which are not the system drive, and
1 of which is on a separate machine. The ideal would be if the 3rd
drive were in a machine in a different physical location, but we can't
have everything... :)

Best,

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
Twitter: bobpatin
iChat/AIM: bobpatin
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
Member of FileMaker Business Alliance & TechNet
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker