[FX.php List] [OFF] Hit by a Truck Scenario

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Mon Feb 9 16:26:17 MST 2009

Hi Folks,

No, I haven't been hit by a truck.  At least not yet.  But that's the
figurative worst case scenario that comes up from time to time in
discussions with clients.

The question is how clients retrieve their databases should an
emergency need arise.

I can think of one solution...aside from the normal "All Databases"
backup , have a FMServer back up an additional copy to a folder
dedicated to the customer.  That folder can have ftp or AFP
permissions to allow access.

Does this make sense? Any other methods?

Thanks

Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group
jonathan at exit445.com