[FX.php List] Monitoring FM Server 9/10 Advance

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at mac.com
Fri Feb 6 05:39:22 MST 2009

On Feb 6, 2009, at 7:27 AM, Steve Winter wrote:

> But that was exactly my point...! that the web server will still be
> live, but the database server dead, which is why I have scripts
> running on the web server to test if the database server is still
> alive and if it's not, then send me an email... I have a two-prong
> approach, I have error trapping code in my solutions which send an
> email if they ever get an FX::Error (though obviously for this to
> happen some end-user will also have seen an error, and I have a
> script called from the command line, which performs a query, and if
> that fails, it triggers an email alert... and both of those things
> run on the web server in a two-machine setup...

Sorry, by the time I'd read the later responses I'd forgotten you'd
posted about this previously.

Yes with your approach you do have it covered. I don't have anything
on the Apache server machine to test the FileMaker Server machine. So
far all of my solutions are using BlackBelt from FMWebSchool running
my olde CDML files with some modifications to them.

But I'm about ready to start the move away from BlackBelt I think.

Roger