[FX.php List] FM SQL capabilities?

Anders Monsen andersm at alamark.com
Mon Feb 2 09:43:40 MST 2009

On Feb 2, 2009, at 10:23 AM, Leo R.Lundgren wrote:

> - I have been reading a bit about it, but I constantly get the
> impression that ESS can only /read/ data from SQL sources, it
> doesn't seem to be able to create or update records in the SQL
> source. Is this correct?

ESS does in fact allow record creation and updates. There are certain
requirements, but we have been able to work around these and create/
update records in mySQL. I also know that MS SQL and Oracle should
work the same way.

The requirement include having write access, and being aware of the
field definitions in the SQL table. On the Mac OS side you may need to
purchase ODBC drivers. On Windows we were able to install these from
within the existing OS.

---
Anders Monsen
AlaMark Technologies