[FX.php List] Error 802 occasionally occuring, 2-3 times pr day of several thousand

Dale Bengston dbengston at tds.net
Fri Dec 18 13:23:23 MST 2009

Intermittent problems are devilish to track down, unless something fails outright and makes it easy on you. You could try moving the FMS and web servers to different ports on your hub/switch/router thing. Or stick a new network cable on each. With luck, maybe it's an easy, cheap thing to fix and not a faling NIC or something.

Dale

On Dec 18, 2009, at 9:52 AM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:

> There is 1 gbit connection between the webserver that receives this
> error and the FMSA...
>
> I have never been able to reproduce the error myself, and I have not
> found anything in the logs,
> so a temporary connection failure is probable.
>
> ggt
>
> 2009/12/18 Dale Bengston <dbengston at tds.net>:
>> Error 802 is "unable to open file." In an otherwise healthy system, I would say it's a temporary connection failure. That doesn't narrow it down very much - what do the logs say? FMS? Apache? PHP?
>>
>> Dale
>>

>> On Dec 18, 2009, at 5:05 AM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:
>>
>>> Error 802 occasionally occuring, 2-3 times pr day of several thousand
>>>
>>> Anyone got a clue to why 802 occurs?
>>>
>>> ggt667
>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org