[FX.php List] [OT] Bizarre comment behaviour

Dale Bengston dbengston at tds.net
Thu Dec 10 21:22:24 MST 2009

Hmm, I was going to suggest that! I had a similar experience with a "gremlin" choking a Windows server. The script worked fine on Macs. The character was not visible in the script.

In November, I had a Windows server choke on a file I'd inadvertently saved as UTF-8 with BOM. That one took a while to figure out.

And just today, I was experimenting with character encoding. I changed my charset meta tag from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1 and it completely killed all my ajax calls.

There seems to be no end to the ways I can screw up a file.

Dale