[FX.php List] Memory Error

Karstyn McCoy kmccoy at supportgroup.com
Thu Dec 10 08:45:19 MST 2009

Thought I would get back and say what the problem turned out to be.

The web page was a long registration form that updated a bunch of FM
portals - which ended up being the issue. The errors were sporadic in
that if one portal and/or a document upload section were commented out
then the page worked fine. It didn't seem to matter what portal
section was commented out, just that one or more were. The errors
could be different as well, and the memory allocation in the error
message never jived with the php.ini or phpinfo settings - so a bit of
a red herring  there.

So changing the design to just go to a base layout to work through,
instead of working through portals, settled everything down.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

--Karstyn

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Dale Bengston <dbengston at tds.net> wrote:
> Another way to have this happen is to accidentally retrieve all the records out of a table. If you submit a query to FX that has no search terms, it's like doing a findall. I found this out the hard way on a table with 300K line items.
>
> Dale
>
> On Dec 3, 2009, at 7:18 PM, Karstyn McCoy wrote:
>
>> Thanks Guys.
>>
>> I'll do some more debugging to check for endless loops or a
>> malfunctioning part of the script.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --Karstyn
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Jonathan Schwartz <jschwartz at exit445.com> wrote:
>>> Kartsyn,
>>>
>>> While you *could* have a script that requires more memory than has been
>>> allocated, a more common source of the problem is an endless loop of a
>>> script that normally doesn't need extra memory.
>>>
>>> Is the problem attributed to just one script?  Is it a new script? Are you
>>> doing operations similar to other scripts that have no memory issues?
>>>
>>> If the answer to these questions is "Yes", than look for a malfunctionaing
>>> script rather than a memory issue.
>>>
>>> Hope that helps,
>>>
>>> Jonthan

>>> --