[FX.php List] [OFF] https per page?

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Mon Dec 7 17:29:27 MST 2009

> ...The thing about loading the page (say from a menu link) under https is
> that the user could come from anywhere...

On our site I use a Rewrite Rule to force every page to be https regardless of how it's approached.

When we switched to this there was no noticeable slowdown. For us it's a good idea because every page has a little log in box (just so you can log in from any page an stay on the same page) and some users want their username prefilled in the box, and I don't want to be sending anything like that out in the clear. AND, as Bob said, people seem to like that "warm feeling" of already being secure.

-Troy