[FX.php List] Get Last Record

Dale Bengston dbengston at tds.net
Fri Dec 4 11:44:29 MST 2009

I'd sort by the table's key field descending (assuming it's incremental & sequential) and set the found set to one record. The last record is the one at the bottom, er top.

One thing to look out for: in a busy, multi-user environment: the last record may not be the last record *you* created. A way to defend against this would be to include the user's id or session id or some other data stored in that "last record" makes sure you get the last record you created.

Dale