[FX.php List] FYI- Deprecated in PHP 5.3 (incl. ereg...) + PHP upgrades?

Dale Bengston dbengston at tds.net
Mon Aug 31 11:05:23 MDT 2009

I have rolled the dice and installed 10.6.0 on my laptop. So far, so
good. Here's what phpinfo() tells me about the native install of PHP
5.3.0:

--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs
--enable-cli
--with-config-file-path=/etc
--with-libxml-dir=/usr
--with-openssl=/usr
--with-kerberos=/usr
--with-zlib=/usr
--enable-bcmath
--with-bz2=/usr
--enable-calendar
--with-curl=/usr
--enable-exif
--enable-ftp
--with-gd
--with-jpeg-dir=/BinaryCache/apache_mod_php/apache_mod_php-53~1/Root/
usr/local
--with-png-dir=/BinaryCache/apache_mod_php/apache_mod_php-53~1/Root/
usr/local
--enable-gd-native-ttf
--with-ldap=/usr
--with-ldap-sasl=/usr
--enable-mbstring
--enable-mbregex
--with-mysql=mysqlnd
--with-mysqli=mysqlnd
--with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd
--with-mysql-sock=/var/mysql/mysql.sock
--with-iodbc=/usr
--enable-shmop
--with-snmp=/usr
--enable-soap
--enable-sockets
--enable-sysvmsg
--enable-sysvsem
--enable-sysvshm
--with-xmlrpc
--with-iconv-dir=/usr
--with-xsl=/usr
--with-pcre-regex=/usr

No mssql support, which is a bummer for me and my souped-up copy of
FX. GD is a nice addition. Snow Leopard also killed MySQL, but a
reinstall cured the problem, and I'm migrating my tables back from my
other servers.

I'm using FileMaker Server 9, but it's not on this Mac. Good thing,
because it looks like FMS9 is not supported on 10.6. Beware, if that's
what you use.

Otherwise, a very nice install. I reclaimed about 9GB of disk space in
the process.

Dale