[FX.php List] FYI- Deprecated in PHP 5.3 (incl. ereg...) + PHP upgrades?

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at mac.com
Sat Aug 29 11:13:08 MDT 2009

On Aug 29, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Jon & Jane Montgomery wrote:

> I just ordered Snow Leopard for my three Mac's in my music
> department at
> school, one is a Mac Pro which hosts FMS 9 and one is my MacBook
> Pro, which
> is my development machine running FMSA 10.
>

> From following this thread, I would assume that installing Snow
> Leopard soon
> might not be the wisest thing to do?  I have an web app that will
> need to be
> online by November and really cannot afford to have it down or
> broken and
> really don't have the time to search for a fix.  Your expert advise
> would be
> appreciated.

I think it would be wise to wait a few days from now at least until
much wiser heads than me have time to see what happens and how to fix
it.

I do now have PHP and MySQL all working on my MacBook, but this is not
the machine that is running as my Web Publishing Engine for FileMaker
Server 9 (I have Server 10, but don't have an Intel machine to put it
onto), so don't know if there's anything unexpected that might happen
with FileMaker Server and Web Publishing.

I've written up a kind of a summary of my travails - by no means all
of it, and as hinted, even though I got to an answer, it may not
necessarily be the best answer and I didn't get there by the best
route either I'm sure.

I'll be keeping an eye on the forums at http://entropy.ch/ to see what
the clever people there come up with before tackling updating my Mac
Pro.

Roger