[FX.php List] FYI- Deprecated in PHP 5.3 (incl. ereg...) + PHP upgrades?

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at mac.com
Fri Aug 28 16:41:38 MDT 2009

On Aug 28, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Dale Bengston wrote:

> I just interrupted reading this post to go sign for my Snow Leopard
> shipment!
>
> Mark L says he doesn't have Snow Leopard yet, but doesn't expect the
> 10.5.x build to work unchanged on 10.6.x.

I have my Snow Leopard - calling FedEx at 4:45 to ask where it might
be prompted it to arrive as I was on hold with Karl while he checked
with my local depot....

Snow Leopard has installed PHP 5.3.0, Apache 2.2.11 and MySQL 5.0.5 it
seems.

Interestingly the PHP 5.3.0 seems to include the GD Library, which I
think is the only extra thing I'd ever need Marc Liyanage's Entropy.ch
builds for.

But right now MySQL isn't running, so I'm working to figure that out.
I have some instructions I think from Leopard days about creating a
symbolic link for the socket, so will see if that helps - otherwise
I'm sure Google is my friend.

Roger