[FX.php List] [OFF] Luhn validation for Credit Card?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 7 11:21:11 MDT 2009

Thanks Jonathan and Michael

I'm not Michael, but...
It's possible for anyone to disable JavaScript on her/his browser,
and people on this list have stated that some large corporations or
institutions disable JavaScript on all their users' workstations.
Whenever I use JavaScript for any kind of form validation I still do
the same checks a second time in PHP.  JavaScript can be nice
because, being client-side, it's immediate for the user.  PHP, being
server-side, happens after form-submission but is important because
it can never be circumvented by the user.

-Joel