[FX.php List] FX and PHP API

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Tue Apr 21 06:08:15 MDT 2009

Hi,

Regarding running them both at the same time/on the same server, that
is absolutely no problem. The important thing to understand is that FX
and FM PHP API are both nothing than simple PHP code libraries, i.e.
just PHP code that you include with the rest of your code, i.e.
technically equivalent to the very PHP code you write yourself. The
only difference is their functionality, which is to communicate plain
text with the FM server, and compile and parse said text. There is no
magic to any of them.

So yes, you can have both FX and FM PHP API in the very same solution/
site, even use them for different parts of the same database, at the
same time. It's not like you will do that, but for the same of
clarification.

Pros/cons for the two I'll leave for the other guys to inform you
about, I believe they've used them both more than I have :)

-|