[FX.php List] Re: Problem displaying results of FMEdit() with over 40 vars - SOLVED

David Cox davidcox at wcfs.edu
Mon Apr 6 11:22:07 MDT 2009

The problem I was having turns out to be an issue with the FileMaker
database field names.  FX.php cannot handle the result data if a field name
begins with "data".  I think this has something to do with the
FMPXMLRESULT.xml tags being named DATA also.

Since I was updating fields that were named Data1, Data2, Data3, etc... FX
was not able to return the data properly.  I don't know if this was a
documented issue or not, so forgive me if I overlooked this in the help
documentation.

I corrected the bug by changing the FileMaker field names from Data1, Data2,
Data3, etc to dat1, dat2, dat3, ... etc.  Once I made the change in
FileMaker and in my php pages, it works like a charm.

thanks,
David