[FX.php List] Re: Problem displaying results of FMEdit() with over 40 vars

David Cox davidcox at wcfs.edu
Mon Apr 6 05:49:40 MDT 2009

Thanks for the reply.  I am only working with one database file, and for
this php script, only one table.  The permissions issue is something I've
checked.

What is strange is that the data actually gets updated in the database, but
the result that is returned to php and then the browser is missing the
information from the additional fields.  I can check the database after the
post and the data appears in the record, however, it is not sent back to the
browser in the result.

When I originally created this php script, I did the initial testing and
debugging using only about 10 fields from the layout and everything worked
fine.  I then added the remaining 35+ layout fields (all from the same table
& layout) to the script (I simply duplicated and changed their names so as
not to cause any problems), but this is where it started breaking down.
Again, the FMEdit() does occur and the data is updated in the database, but
the last half of the field data is not sent back to the browser.

I've thought about cheating by storing the vars in the session and sending
them back to the browser while ignoring the FMEdit() result data.  Although
this would not actually be the result of the post, it would keep it
working.  I want to avoid this because I want to get the actual data out of
the database.

Is there some sort of field variable limit?

David