[FX.php List] An odd problem when going to production server

Head Honcho headhoncho at customikesolutions.com
Fri Apr 3 20:35:18 MDT 2009

Hi John,

On 04/04/2009, at 1:14 PM, John Funk wrote:

> I have code  that writes data to FileMaker using:
>
> $request->AddDBParam('Contact', $_REQUEST['Contact']); // data may
> or may not be passed by the post
>
> On my development web server it worked fine, but on my production
> server I get an index error on the fields where there is no data
> passed.
> I know I can write an if condition for this, but I am curious why I
> did not get the index error before now?

I'd guess it's to do with the php error_reporting on the production
server.

It is most like to be more "strict" than on your dev server.

It can be set in either your php.ini fie (probably around line 305 -
look for "Error handling and logging" or it can be set on any page
with (eg) error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

This show all errors except notices (which is what your index warning
is).  This is the "default" for a standard php install.  [There's a
"bug" in FileMaker's version of php [php.ini] reporting which is set
to E_ALL - not the default setting]

Hope this helps.

Regards

Michael Ward