[FX.php List] [OFF] Potential gotchas with uploading files?

Anders Monsen andersm at alamark.com
Thu Apr 2 21:49:59 MDT 2009

Not sure if your users will be able to see the upload directory path, but if this is the case and the path can be accessed via web browser, then they may end up with access to the entire directory via a browser. One way around this is to include an index.html file in that directory with a gentle message to the user. This way, if they put the directory path and a trailing slash they will the contents of this file rather than the directory listing with options to download the files.

--
Anders Monsen