[FX.php List] The other FX

Jonathan Woodard woodardj at umich.edu
Mon Sep 29 08:00:43 MDT 2008

It's probably being called that (at least in this article) because that's
the icon for it in the Adobe Creative Suite.  Starting with CS3, Photoshop
is a blue square with Ps, Illustrator orange with Ai, etc., like a periodic
table.  I don't think is has anything to do with PHP except that it's being
reviewed in a PHP magazine.  I always call "our" FX "Eff-Eks dot Pee Aych
Pee" anyway, unless it's a context where it's unmistakable, since "FX" is
frequently used as a homonym for "Effects"
My 2¢
-Jon Woodard