[FX.php List] Using PHP script to create other PHP Scripts

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Thu Sep 25 14:37:57 MDT 2008

This a continuation of the evolution of my master search/display
script that serves multiple clients.

In short, the master script queries a filemaker database to get
parameters on the file, layout, fields, etc...and then inserts these
parameters to the master script.  Then, the master script performs
whatever data queries the end user has entered. The end result, a
single script that can be re-purposed for unlimited uses.

The downside is, the system goes through this process of redefining
the structural part of the page each time the user queries the data.

What I would like to do is to *not* dynamically generate the
structure of the page each time. Intstead, I'd like to do that just
once and have the PHP script saved ahead of time.

So, the php script that now echos HTML to screen, must now save php
code to a php file instead. That file will be executed later, until
the structure has been re-generated.

Now...I KNOW that I probably didn't explain this properly, but I'm
hoping that the idea of what I am trying to do will be evident.

Anyone understand what I'm trying to do?

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group