[FX.php List] After the Submit

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Thu Sep 25 07:19:07 MDT 2008

Hi Folks,

Another one of those nagging questions...

What server control is available from browser after hitting the
submit button, if any? Is there any way to Cancel an executing script?

Say we have a script that runs long by design such as an emailing
routine.  Or, a script that is supposed to run fast, but is hanging.

The browser has an "X" button (Safari), but I'm confident that that
just tells the browser to stop the download of the current page.  It
doesn't tell the server to do the same, does it?

On one misbehaving script, I had time to go in edit the looping
script (while it was executing) and added an exit in the loop. It
didn't seem to work.

This is probably more applicable during development than production.
Just asking.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Schwartz