[FX.php List] Form will not submit with IE browser

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Wed Sep 24 17:05:39 MDT 2008

Dear John,

Every time I've had this issue, there was a html issue. Use http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/
  - it has saved me more times than I care to think...

> Jonathan's question is good too (I take back almost everything I
> ever said about him); Safari seems to be more forgiving with things
> like that than IE. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but IE isn't
> using the latest W3C specs as closely as Safari & Firefox (but that
> may have changed in IE 7).

Not really. Again, the number of pages I've had to 'hack' in order to
make things work on IE is astonishing. I loathe either being forced to
use tables for layout (when I'm in a hurry) or creating IE specific
CSS (when I have more time) in order to make stuff work properly.

And 7 goes into it's 'quirks' mode far too readily, effectively making
it act like IE6 on a lot of pages.

</rant>

Cheers

Webko