[FX.php List] [OFF] Rewrite for forcing http to https possible?

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Wed Sep 24 13:59:49 MDT 2008

David,

The only reason we had to deal with this is that we want to continue to support the old CDML URLs from FileMaker 4 that people have embedded in their personal or commercial sites.

We don't currently generate URLs any that have the problems that I've been dealing with in this thread.

Here's a real example, something that is provided as a link in someone else's website:

http://lab.troymeyers.com/flasking/FMPro?-db=cultivarphotos&-op=eq&cultivarphotos%20id%20key=38&-format=cultivphotodftr.htm&-lay=cgi111&-find=

Sure, it's very old and very ugly, but we want to allow it to continue to work.

These days, we'd either distribute the URL in email as:
http://troymeyers.com/direct/?0938
so that's it's easy to copy or click (or for those who insist, retype)

...or internal to the site, as this:
https://lab.troymeyers.com/flasking/photo.php?id=38

Make sense?

-Troy