[FX.php List] [OFF] Method to access our server from outside

Head Honcho headhoncho at customikesolutions.com
Sat Sep 20 17:54:44 MDT 2008

Hi Troy,

On 21/09/2008, at 8:03 AM, Troy Meyers wrote:

> Derrick,
>
> Yeah, I do like doing that, it works very well, but they still have
> to be there to allow me to take over their computer. I kind of don't
> want to know anyone's password.
>>

> Maybe I could put one of our Macs at a remote location and do that.
> But I don't have any that are THAT spare.
>
> -Troy
>
>> A buddy somewhere and remote access software?

If you have a friend with a mac you could use iChat's screen sharing
ability.  You can set it up to auto answer without them being there
with a terminal command (I don't know what it is off hand) or by
installing Chax.  <http://www.ksuther.com/chax/>

I used Chax as it offers a number of other features.

The only issue with this is that the friend would have to have iChat
on all the time, or at the time you wanted to test.

Regards

Michael Ward
--
Head Honcho