[FX.php List] Faster record creation?

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen ggt667 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 07:39:08 MDT 2008

On the contrary, FileMaker makes records slower through ScriptMaker
scripts than through XML RPC interface is my experience.

It seems to me XML RPC has the lower amount of overhead in the
interfaces FileMaker has available.

This is the speed hierarchy AFAIK

> XML RPC
> ScriptMaker

> import tab/comma separated
> xDBC
> import from Excel
> import from files in general

> Human being( this carbon based beings are pretty slow at expressing themselves in the silicon based world of computer chips... )

The two top ones are almost the same, the 4 in the middle are a little
bit slower, and for those humans... you know some of them have 10
thumbs...

ggt