[FX.php List] Faster record creation?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Sep 17 06:56:26 MDT 2008

I would have thought that wouldn't make any difference, since the
script runs independently of anything PHP is doing. Once the script is
triggered, it's not communicating w/ PHP, so how could it be faster
when triggered from a PHP page?

I have to believe that perhaps your timing process wasn't quite correct.

Here's how I would time it: have the database open and visible when
the script is triggered, have the script show you a dialog--once you
click OK in the dialog, the stopwatch should start.

Then I'd probably take out the dialog and run it again, and see if the
2 results are almost the same.

The point here though, is that it took 7 seconds in FileMaker, versus
80 seconds in PHP--which is what I was expecting, based on experiences
I've had here.

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker