[FX.php List] [OFF] Rewrite for forcing http to https possible?

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Thu Sep 11 16:27:38 MDT 2008

On 12/09/2008, at 8:23 AM, Bob Patin wrote:

> Tim,
>
> Is there a compelling reason why that's a better method? Since the
> redirect happens immediately, there isn't any security issue there,
> is there?
>
> Just wondering... always willing to learn a better way to do
> things... :)

Actually, I find that even with 0 second redirect, the page is still
visible as the redirect doesn't occur until load has finished. The
server one occurs before any output to the browser - you really can't
see anything, it's already gone over there.

For speed, bandwidth etc, nothing beats a server redirect.

Under CDML I used page redirects all the time, but now that I have the
power to make the server do the work, I use it :-)

Cheers

Webko