[FX.php List] Passing variables for forgotten password

Josh Shrier joshshrier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 10:31:55 MDT 2008

I have a screen that the user enters their e-mail address to retrieve a lost
password. When the user submits that form it takes them to a page which uses
a PHP query to send the email. I am trying to pull the username and password
as variables so as to add them in the message body. That doesn't seem to be
working. This is the code I am using. Can someone please help me.

Everthing works but the username and password variables into the
$messagetext.

$user=$_POST['Username'];

$pass=$_POST['Password'];

<?

$mailto = 'josh at boatrentalsoftware.com' ;

$subject = "Password Forgotton" ;

$formurl = "http://www.yourwebsite.net/page1.htm" ;

$errorurl = "http://www.yourwebsite.net/emailerror.htm" ;

$thankyouurl = "http://profitprofessionals.pointinspace.com/emailsent.php" ;

$messagetext= " \n\n"."Username=".$user

."\nPassword=".$pass."\nemail=".$email."\n\n \n";

$email = $_POST['Customer_Email::Phone_Number'] ;

$http_referrer = getenv( "HTTP_REFERER" );

if (!isset($_POST['Customer_Email::Phone_Number'])) {

header( "Location: $formurl" );

exit ;

}

mail($mailto, $subject, $messagetext, "From: \"$name\"

<$email>\nReply-To: \"$mailto\"

<$email>\nX-Mailer: chfeedback.php 2.01" );

header( "Location: $thankyouurl" );

exit ;

?>