[FX.php List] [OFF] Apache 2.2 SSL setup difficulties

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Tue Sep 9 09:46:05 MDT 2008

Dale and Derrick,

Thank you for the comments about using Mac Minis. If it doesn't work out for me I won't feel like no one warned me.

For what it's worth, the machine currently running Apache 1.3/Tiger/WPE that we will be swapping out (once the new on with Apache 2.2/Leopard/WPE is ready) is also a Mini, actually an older, slower one (1.66 GHz, 512MB -- maybe 32-bit because it's "Intel Core Duo" rather than "Intel Core 2 Duo") with less memory than the new one, and it has been trouble-free the entire time it's been in use since December 2006 when it was the database server, then October 2007 when it moved to the Apache/WPE job, never a problem, never had to restart it. Our site is pretty esoteric, so it could be that the demands on it aren't at "production" levels.

The new one is 2GHz, 1GB, "Intel Core 2 Duo" which I guess means 64-bit.

We do have some even older Minis that aren't Intel and they are sluggish. Relegated to workstations.

-Troy