[FX.php List] Annoying PHP warning

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen ggt667 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 15:07:33 MDT 2008

Well here is one of the problems FM does not know the difference
between errors and warnings

in php there is 5 levels? if I recall correctly

warning being just a notification
error being important to run the script

there are at least 2 more levels of errors in php

In FileMaker even warnings are at the same level as errors...

ggt

2008/9/7 Bob Patin <bob at patin.com>:
> It's a form that uses the GET_ variable, if that's what you meant, but why
> should that cause a problem? I can prevent error displays, but I wanted to
> fix the problem rather than just turn off error_reporting.
>
> Thanks,
>
> BP
>

> On Sep 7, 2008, at 2:29 AM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:
>
>> Do you use _GET and _POST prefixes in variables?
>>
>> ggt
>>
>> 2008/9/7 Bob Patin <bob at patin.com>:
>>>
>>> I'm getting this warning, and I *think* it's because I have an undeclared
>>> variable, but if that's the case I can't find it.
>>> Can anyone tell me the most common cause for this error?
>>> ERROR MSG:
>>> Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect
>>> which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session
>>> extension
>>> does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless
>>> register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this
>>> warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to
>>> off,
>>> respectively. in Unknown on line 0
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org