[FX.php List] Web Root Directory - clarifying exactly *which* folder?

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Mon Oct 20 23:28:01 MDT 2008

Hi Stephen,

Are you creating or consuming SOAP services...? and which version of
PHP are you using.

I've had good success in the past using NuSOAP to great SOAP
services... it takes care of the wsdl writing for you, which is
nice... you simply use the NuSOAP objects to declare the functions
which you need, and away you go... you will need this if you're on PHP
4....

PHP 5 has a range of functions which allow you to consume SOAP
services easily, and also contains SOAP objects to create your own
service....

The thing that I found when working with a couple of rather flakey
services provided by others was that you need to ensure that you've
got really really good error trapping in your code, to ensure that
failure of the SAOP service you're using doesn't completely crash your
page...

At DevCon I saw a couple of plugins designed for serving SOAP based
webServices without the need for FX scripting, in that they use built-
in FileMaker scripts, which you can configure to act as SOAP services
off your FMSA machine....

Hope this helps... let me know if you've got specific questions which
I may be able to help with...

Cheers
Steve