[FX.php List] FileMaker performance issues during FMSA scheduled backups

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Fri Oct 10 09:22:55 MDT 2008

I'm reporting back on the verify-off backup test the server did last night. Incredible.

With verification on, the all-databases backup has taken 29 to 32 minutes for every run in the past week.

With verification off, last night's midnight backup took TWO MINUTES.

Today I'll change the schedules so that only the midnight backups are verified, no verification on the noon ones.

-Troy