[FX.php List] FileMaker performance issues during FMSA scheduled backups

David Ness dness at bondedbuilders.com
Thu Oct 9 13:32:58 MDT 2008

>> Ernest Cunningham wrote:

>> Also I am not sure if putting the data onto a separate raid would be
of any benefit considering you are using Raid 5. Wouldn't hurt though I
suppose to try.

Just hurts the wallet, especially if it doesn't make a noticeable
difference.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'm hoping that the combination
of turning off Verification just for the mid-day backup, plus the
separating of the files into groups (what a great idea if it works!)
will do the trick.

David Allen Ness

Database Systems Programmer

Web Applications Developer