[FX.php List] What to tell a customer that wants to use FM IWP vs PHP/FX

Blair Duncan Blair.Duncan at bbdo.ca
Fri Oct 3 13:11:23 MDT 2008

I've never understood the bad wrap that IWP gets. Usually this is due to
users expecting all of the feature that work fine in the FMPro Client to
work in IWP as well. When they don't, it can be painful to re-engineer to
accommodate IWP and most tend to give up on it.

We have been using IWP for several years and generally like it a lot. IWP
provides a consistent interface that enables users to do a lot of data
entry, perform finds and run reports, trigger automated emails etc.

We use a combination of all three: IWP, FMPro Client and FX.php driven by
FMSA. From within IWP, anything that requires the client such as building
pdfs, emails etc, we have in the corner a FMPro client running as slave to
process the request from the web and return the data to the IWP client. With
the addition of FX.php we have additional arsenal under our belt that has
enabled us to eliminate most of the shortfalls of IWP.