[FX.php List] What to tell a customer that wants to use FM IWP vs. PHP/FX

Hank Shrier hank at atlasinnovation.com
Fri Oct 3 12:25:02 MDT 2008

John,

What is his business?  What kind of traffic is he expecting? What is the
main function of the site? What does he want?  This sounds like a business
question, not a programming question.

IWP may be a way to get up and running while you build the PHP pages.

There are a number of script steps that will not work in IWP.  Custom
dialogue boxes comes to mind.  You also need to be very careful with
permissions  (thanks jimmy)

It is not a good idea to allow a non professional to build mission critical
aspects of running a business.

Take a consultation approach.

HTH

Hank Shrier
+1 408-252-5418                 Office
+1 408-387-2111                 Cell
+1 408-521-1801                  Fax
hank at atlasinnovation.com

THIS COMMUNICATION IS LEGALLY PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) named herein.   If you are, or are not, the intended recipient
of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, without written
permission, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please immediately notify me and permanently delete the original and
any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.