[FX.php List] Bad HTML being generated from FX (Still)

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Wed Oct 1 17:09:18 MDT 2008

Dear John,

How very odd - the invalid html values do seem to exactly reflect the
values being edited into the system on page load.

Now, personally, I tend to do all of that editing before anything else
occurs - have you tried moving the php code to above the opening html
tag?

You also haven't declared a doc type, which may not be a part of this
issue, but will cause some browsers grief - just before the opneing
html tag:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd
">

You should probably also alter both this form and the previous one to
use UTF-8 rather than iso-8859-1 as the charset, but I doubt that
actually has anything to do with this.

But see what happens if you put the execution of the php outside the
html tags...

Cheers

Webko