[FX.php List] Google-Like search?

Head Honcho headhoncho at customikesolutions.com
Sun Nov 30 14:54:37 MST 2008

Hi Jonathan,

This is what I use for my iPhone demo app.

I know it's using the API, but I'm sure that FX can do the same.

	$keyword = $_POST['Keyword']; // grab the search criteria

	$foundSet->addFindCriterion('lastName',$keyword); //last name
	$foundSet->addFindCriterion('firstName',$keyword); // first name
	$foundSet->addFindCriterion('company',$keyword); // company
	$foundSet->setLogicalOperator(FILEMAKER_FIND_OR); // make it an "or"
so it will find in any of these fields

I haven't tested it with phrases, but it may give you a starting point.

HTH.

On 01/12/2008, at 8:15 AM, Jonathan Schwartz wrote:

> At 1:08 PM -0800 11/30/08, Joel Shapiro wrote:
>> Hey Jonathan
>>
>> If there are just a few fields or not too much data in them, a
>> concatenated calc field would probably be easier.
>>
>> -Joel
>>

> Hi Joel,
>
> I'm thinking the concatenated field approach. And then, NOT
> returning that field with the query results, to save bandwidth.  As
> I mentioned to Derrick, I remember there being an fx feature that
> allows querying one layout and then returning data from another.
>
> Finally, I might add an "Advanced Search" capability to restore the
> "search every field" mode.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.

> --
> Jonathan Schwartz