[FX.php List] [OFF] FMS server leaky on OS X...?

Head Honcho headhoncho at customikesolutions.com
Tue Nov 18 01:39:48 MST 2008

Hi Steve,

On 18/11/2008, at 6:21 PM, Steve Winter wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>
> Well to be honest I wasn't doing anything... close the lid, get off
> train was my usual approach, however based on you email I presume
> that there is a risk to my dbs by doing that, so since this is the
> place where everything gets developed, and the 'master' copies of
> many of my solutions are often open I shall take more care in the
> future...!

I would.  It appears that server now sleeps, rather than just shutting
down as it used to do when the laptop slept, but it would still be a
good idea to shut down your database and/or stop the server.  It's a
pain, but if these are the master copies, it is the only way to go.

Regards

Michael Ward
--
Head Honcho