[FX.php List] [OFF] DreamWeaver - was FMS server leaky on OS X...?

Anders Monsen andersm at alamark.com
Mon Nov 17 13:09:41 MST 2008

On Nov 17, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Roger Moffat wrote:

> I've actually taken to putting the <td> and </td> all onto a single
> line because then I knew where they were (or at least were supposed
> to be), but if DW CS4 will nicely indent everything so you're not
> stepped right across a page and that so opening and closing tags
> line up, then I'd go for having them on separate lines too.

TDs on the same line works well if you have limited data in the tags,
but not for something deliberately broken down like this:

		<select name="secPrimeQ">
		<?php
		foreach ($fmListResult['valueLists']['SecurityQuestionsPrimary'] as
$key=>$value) {
			$selected = "";
			if( $value == $secprimaryQ ) {
				$selected = " selected";
			}
			$value = htmlspecialchars($value);
		?>
			<option value="<?php echo $value; ?>"<?php echo $selected; ?>><?php
echo $value; ?></option>
		<?php
		}
		?>
		</select>

I'm currently using DreamWeaver CS3 (version 9) alongside BBEdit.
DreamWeaver has its pros and cons, but I like it mainly for HTML
coding. From what I can tell in this version there is no automatic
indenting. Since l generally like indented text, I spend a lot of time
manually tweaking this so it reads better for the inevitable
troubleshooting...

Anders