[FX.php List] [OFF] DreamWeaver - was FMS server leaky on OS X...?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Nov 17 08:42:50 MST 2008

Well, I like it, but then I've been a DW fan for a long time. I've
tried several times to switch to TextMate and CSSEdit, but I just
prefer Dreamweaver.

So far as the interface goes, there's not a lot that I've changed
since going to the update. The properties window, which seems always
to be in the wrong place no matter where you put it, can now be set as
a button, so that it shrinks to a postage-stamp sized button on your
screen; then when you need it, you click it and it expands. I like
that a lot...

DW forces you to write everything from a CSS perspective, which is
what I *should* be doing anyway, but old habits die hard.

Spry is built-in, so if you're a fan, you can add Spry widgets from
the app a little easier than prev. version.

Is it speedier? I'm on a quad-core 2.8 MacPro, and I can't tell any
difference, but speed hasn't been an issue for me.

I use Fireworks too which I like and use all the time, mixed w/
Graphic Converter. It's pretty easy to add pulldowns using FW and DW,
which is handy sometimes.

  That's all I can think of at the moment, although I'm sure I'll
think of some more things...

BP

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat/AIM: bobpatin
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
Member of FileMaker Business Alliance
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker