[FX.php List] [OFF] DreamWeaver - was FMS server leaky on OS X...?

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at mac.com
Mon Nov 17 08:37:11 MST 2008

On Nov 17, 2008, at 10:11 AM, Bob Patin wrote:

> Nothing surprises me with Dreamweaver, which I use, and which has
> always seemed a bit buggy to me. I'm using the latest version now,
> which has been a lot better, except for a few annoying habits. For
> example, if you have DW open and you switch to another app, all of
> the windows hide, which doesn't happen with any other app. I keep
> thinking perhaps it's something I set, but if I did I certainly
> can't find it.

Can I ask, off list if it's not appropriate here, for your thoughts on
DreamWeaver CS4 v's DreamWeaver 8 if you can make that comparison

I currently have DreamWeaver 8, but am considering an upgrade to CS4
if it will give me mainly a much speedier performance compared to DW
8, which on my MacPro 8 core 2.8 GHz is disappointing to say the least
- I can easily type faster than DW8 will put it on the screen, even on
what I'd imagine are simple pages.

Since I don't have the full Adobe Suite, integration with the other
apps isn't such a draw for me, but having it handle newer standards
and methods would be a plus I guess.

Thanks

Roger