[FX.php List] Co-Existing FMS9 and FMSA 8?

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Sun Nov 16 11:09:05 MST 2008

Hi Folks,

I'm currently using a two machines set up with FMSA 8.04, and want to
do some testing with FMS9.

Machine 1:
	OS X Server 10.4
	Apache (active)
	Entropy PHP 5 (active)
	FMSA 8.04 (loaded but not running. Exists as backup).
	WPE (Not running).

Machine 2:
	OS X Server 10.4
	Apache	(Backup)
	Entropy PHP 5 (Backup)
	FMSA 8.04 (Active)
	WPE (active)

In essence, the machines are clones, and can be called to replace the
other machine if one fails.

Now, I want to run FMS 9 on machine 1 for testing, but I don't want
to upset the existing production environment.  I already loaded
FMS9...and it works...but it trashed the existing web service by
appending the httpd.conf. I quickly undid the appended line and
things went back to normal.  For reference, I did not choose to
install the API or PHP options.

The question...can I install the API and get FMS9 fully running while
maintaining the existing Entropy PHP set up?

Thanks

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Schwartz