[FX.php List] [OFF] FMS server leaky on OS X...?

Ernest Cunningham ernest.cunningham at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 04:07:45 MST 2008

Hey Steve.
Not the Steve Winter from Science Roadshow fame?

Anyhow to restart the filemaker server you can use the Terminal App
and type in the following:

fmsadmin stop server

You can check out more by typing in either:

fmsadmin Help options
or
fmsadmin Help commands

and just for your reference here is what you will get:

fmsadmin Help commands
fmsadmin commands are:

     BACKUP          Back up databases
     CLOSE           Close databases
     DISABLE         Disable schedules
     DISCONNECT      Disconnect a client
     ENABLE          Enable schedules
     HELP            Get help pages
     LIST            List clients, files, plug-ins, or schedules
     OPEN            Open databases
     PAUSE           Temporarily stop database access
     RESUME          Make paused databases available
     RUN             Run a schedule
     SEND            Send a message
     START           Start the Database Server
     STATUS          Get status of clients or files
     STOP            Stop the Database Server

fmsadmin Help options
Many fmsadmin commands take options and parameters.

Short Options:
     Specify single-character options after a single hyphen (-). You can
     specify multiple options together. If an option requires a
parameter,
     that option is usually the last option that you specify. For
example:
          fmsadmin close -ym 'Closing for maintenance' Database.fp7
     A space is optional between the option character and the parameter.
     For example:
          fmsadmin close -mGoodbye

Long Options:
     Specify long options after two hyphens (--). Long options can be
used
     in scripts to increase readability. A space is required between
the option
     and any parameters. For example:
          fmsadmin close --yes --message "Closing for maintenance"
Database.fp7

Parameters:
     Enclose any parameters that contain spaces in single or double
quotation
     marks (' or "). Symbols that may be interpreted by the shell must
be
     escaped, that is, preceded by a backslash character (\). Refer to
the
     documentation for your shell or command interpreter.

General Options:
     -h, --help                 Print this page.
     -p pass, --password pass   Password to use to authenticate with
the server.
     -u user, --username user   Username to use to authenticate with
the server.
     -v, --version              Print version information.
     -w seconds, --wait seconds Specify time in seconds for command to
time out.
     -y, --yes                  Automatically answer yes to all prompts.

Options that apply to specific commands:
     -d PATH, --dest PATH       Specify a backup destination path.
     -f, --force                Force database to close or Database
Server
                                to stop.
     -m msg, --message msg      Specify a text message to send to
clients.
     -o, --offline              Perform an offline backup.
     -s, --stats                Return FILE or CLIENT stats.
     -t, --grace-time           Specify time in seconds before client
is forced
                                to disconnect.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,