[FX.php List] editing portals

Anders Monsen andersm at alamark.com
Mon Nov 3 16:10:22 MST 2008

I don't edit through portals either, as I prefer to break down the
events into discrete parts.

Create an "Edit" link for each row. Send the child ID with this link
to an edit form, plus the parent ID for when you return.

On the edit page display the child data in an editable form. When the
user submits the changes, update the child table for that record
number (using the -recid). After the edit action succeeds, send the
parent ID as part of the redirect so that the user ends up on the
original page with a message that the record was updated.

Anders