[FX.php List] Basic help

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed May 28 09:48:26 MDT 2008

John,

Here's how I always search for an email; this works flawlessly, and
I've used it on dozens of sites:

If you're searching for an email address, which of course has the @
sign in it, use this;

$email = bob at domain.com;

$query->AddDBParam('email','=='.$email);

The equal signs force a search for an exact match. Also, as GGT said,
using UTF-8 will save you lots of headaches in the future.

bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting and programming for all versions of
FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org