[FX.php List] Re: Limit number of returned Portal rows

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Tue May 13 10:31:13 MDT 2008

Hey list, sorry not to respond to list earlier...

This is a bug in FMS which I have reported to them.  In earlier
versions of FileMaker, the data returned respected your settings for a
given portal -- a portal which only displayed 6 rows, only returned 6
rows, and a vertical scroll bar caused all portal records to be
returned.  Now, FileMaker has added parameters so that you can specify
the behavior, except they don't work with the FMPXMLRESULT grammar
(ironic, since this grammar is in place for situations where a less
verbose response is preferred.)

That said, once this bug is fixed, it will work exactly as Kevin
attempted to use it below.  In addition, I think it would make sense
to add functions to FX.php so that you don't have to remember that
FileMaker syntax...

Finally, if you look FileMaker's XML documentation, you'll note
they've added support now for combining logical AND and OR in a single
query via XML!  Woot!  I haven't had a chance yet to test if this is
broken, too.  Anybody excited enough to try this out and report back?

Best,

--Chris Hansen
   FileMaker 8 Certified Developer
   FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
   Creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org