[FX.php List] Limit number of returned Portal rows

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Mon May 12 12:09:52 MDT 2008

no. even related fields that are not in "portals" on the layout will
return *all* of their related records. AFAIK, you can not use the CWP
(FX.php) interface to set record return LIMIT on related records.

you could try to do some tricky thing with a related global and on your
query set a global as part of a calculation field that matches on
status(recordnum). but that's too weird to even test if it would work! ;-)

spitting out XML and converting XML to arrays is a time-consuming part
of the FMP interface - it eats cycles like a sumo wrestler. anything you
can do to zero in on the exact records you want will speed up FMP in the
most direct way.

so, depending on how many related records there are in your related
files you would (at some point) be better off making separate queries
with a record return limit set through FX.php. Also, try to see if you
even have to get records from every one of your related tables on every
query.

multiple layouts help too - tuned to each query with no wasted fields.

dan