[FX.php List] Do non-field objects on layout affect performance?

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Mon May 5 21:03:38 MDT 2008

> Hey Webko
>
> Thanks for setting up the test.  Do you notice any difference if the
> results per page is greater than 25?

OK, took out the pagination and am returning all 433 records that are
in that system.

http://test.nicheit.com.au/test/acph/test_list.php
vs
http://test.nicheit.com.au/test/acph/test_list_pics.php //Added even
more pics to the layout here...

Getting (hand timed) 8 seconds to return everything vs 8 seconds to
return everything...

> It seems to me that only field data could be recognized by
> FileMaker's XML processes, but still I've always kept my web layouts
> to a bare minimum -- even though adding some more info could
> probably be helpful to any future developer.  It would be nice to
> hear something definitive on this.

It's just one test, but it seems to me that layout objects have little
if any effect on returning data...

Cheers

Webko