[FX.php List] Do non-field objects on layout affect performance?

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Sun May 4 18:56:02 MDT 2008

Recent thread comments:

>> I always create web-specific layouts for web apps...

> I do this as well but thinking about it, I can't really see how they
> can affect the speed... it's all about the data, there are no screen
> redraws through XML

In Filemaker, the access to the data, I think, is very GUI-based.
Otherwise, why do we need to create web-specific layouts? I'm betting
it does make a difference. I doubt a few text objects would make much
difference ( I will sometimes leave headers in my web-based list
layouts), but what about a biggish form layout with a graphic or two?
This really does need tried and tested. (points finger at rest of
list  ;-)