[FX.php List] [Off] Help with .htaccess RewriteRule or Redirect

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Fri Mar 21 17:03:02 MDT 2008

Roger,

That's just the sort of thing I was expecting, and yes, that was my expectation because of similar things used with Blackbelt.

Basically I want to catch every instance of:

http://www.troymeyers.com/flasking/whateverelse

and turn it into

http://lab.troymeyers.com/flasking/whateverelse

...and only do it for "flasking" obviously.

Thus--

http://www.troymeyers.com/flasking/priceincrease.php?a=FRHDRE
would become:
http://lab.troymeyers.com/flasking/priceincrease.php?a=FRHDRE

AND

http://www.troymeyers.com/flasking/upload.php
would become:
http://lab.troymeyers.com/flasking/upload.php

BUT
http://www.troymeyers.com/cultivars/4343fc.jpg
would be unchanged.

>From my experiences with Blackbelt I was sort of expecting a $ to be somewhere in the RewriteRule, but as I said I don't understand the syntax.

I don't think protecting against doing something to a URL already starting with lab. would be an issue, since that sort of URL would never come to Speakeasy's server, but to my in-house one instead.

But that may be a problem with .htaccess, maybe it only works _within_ a server?

-Troy